perjantai 3. heinäkuuta 2009

01. Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
Oh, Idon't know. Maybe if I have some popcorn, then maybe. Or even a sandwich. More likely I'm drinking than eating while reading. Tea or glass of Coca-Cola ;)

02. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I don't do it (except if the book is school related and it's borrowed from my school's library ;P ), but it doesn't bother me if someone has done so. There must've been a good reason for the writing.

03. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Dog-ears, bookmark, but not likely to lay the book flat open. Especially if the book is veeeeery thick. I don't have a specific bookmark-mark, I just grap anything that is suitable for the task (old bill, reciet, torn bit of paper, candywrapper..). Hmm, would anyone be interested on buying a bookmark made out of their favorite candy wraps? No?

04. Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Preferably fiction, more accurately fantasy; Always has and always will be. Sci-fi isn't that bad, but somehow I feel like my brains has been oriented to the fantasy from the start.

05. Hard copy or audiobooks?
Preferably hardcovers. It feels, like they will last longer than softcover-ones. Audiobooks are also intriguing me, I have few (*cough*) on my harddrive, but haven't had the time to start and listen to them. Imho, James Hetfield from Metallica should do some audiobooks *nods* Have you even heard that guy talk? See the documentary Somekind of Monster and you know what I'm talking about. Just listen him. He gives me the chills, in a good way of course ;)

06. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I usually try to read at the end of the chapter since it's a good place to continue, but if for some reason (too tired to continue etc.) I can't get to the end of the chapter, I pause within or at the end of the first part of the left page. I've always done so, huh.

07. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
I'm too lazy for it :D I try to figure the word out in the context, and maybe, maybe, try finding it out later, Usually not :P

08. What are you currently reading?
Nothing special atm, that darn final thesis is taking all my time. Sure, I have lots of books that are related to that, but I find it hard to categorize them as pleasent reading. Interesting, maybe, but not so relaxing. Oh, I do have Althalus by David and Leigh Eddings halfway now, but I have read it before so I know what's going to happen.

09. What is the last book you bought?
The latest books I bought were three Tarzan books, Jules Verne's Captain Nemo and Alexander Dumas' The Three Musketeers.

10. Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can read more than one at a time?
I preferably read one book at a time. There's nothing special to it, it's just the way I like it.

11. Do you like re-reading books?
I hardly ever read the book second time. Now I just picked up Althalus just to get something else to read than final thesis books. Maybe I will read them later on or even to my kids?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti